This was a challenge administered at local employers and at the Algoma community Wellness Center.
Focus: Adding in healthy lifestyle activities into your daily routine, with the intent of creating regular healthy habits. Each participant individual/family weighs in at the beginning and the end of the 6-week challenge. Each week participants will log specific healthy lifestyle activities to obtain points. There will be a weekly bonus challenge for participants to obtain extra points.
- Exercise: Earn 1 point for each 15 minute session of moderate to vigorous physical activity. Minimum goal is 2 points per day. (What is moderate to vigorous? Getting short of breath and breaking a sweat! You can earn extra points for every extra 15 minutes you do, beyond 30 minutes.)
- Nutrition: Eat a minimum of 5 servings of vegetables and fruit per day. Earns 1 point.
- Sleep: Get a minimum of 7 hours of sleep per night. Earns 1 point
- Hydration: Drink 8- 8oz glasses of water per day. Earns 1 point. ONLY WATER COUNTS!
- Relaxation: Take 10 minutes to relax each day! Earns 1 point. Meditate, stretch, deep breathe, pray, reflect, read etc. Do something just for yourself to recharge! Weekly Bonus Challenges Earns 4 points for each week.