Adventist Health is a faith-based, nonprofit integrated health delivery system serving communities in California, Hawaii, Oregon, and Washington. Founded on Seventh-day Adventist heritage and values, Adventist Health provides compassionate community care.
The Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA) represents our commitment to improving health outcomes in our community through rigorous assessment of health status in our region, incorporation of stakeholder’s perspectives, and adoption of related implementation strategies to address priority health needs. The CHNA is conducted, not only to partner with our community for improved health outcomes and satisfy our annual community benefit requirements but most importantly to fulfill our mission. The goals of this assessment are to:
· Engage public health and community stakeholders including low-income, minority, and other underserved populations
· Assess and understand the community’s health issues and needs
· Understand the health behaviors, risk factors, and social determinants that impact health
· Identify community resources and collaborate with community partners
· Use Assessment findings to develop and implement a 2016-2019 Community Health Plan (implementation strategy) based on the Hospital’s prioritized issues
This Hub supports our CHNAs and grant writing efforts with community health data and strategic identification of the factors that drive health in our communities. By identifying these factors, we are able to ensure that we continue the tradition of providing whole-person care in all that we do and fulfil our mission to share God’s love by providing physical, mental and spiritual healing.